Christ Church Southampton
A bit more...
Christ Church Southampton is a vibrant church community meeting in the north of Southampton, close to Southampton University. We are committed to loving God, serving one another and reaching out to the lost. You'll find your mind stretched, your heart warmed and your life challenged as we engage with God. We're a young church - in every sense. But we've seen God at work powerfully among his people here. And we'd love to invite you to be a part of things.
What do we do for students?
Your uni years are a fantastic opportunity to grow as a Christian and we at Christ Church are serious about helping you to do just that. By the time you graduate, we want you to leave with your faith deepened, your mind stretched and your Christian character more firmly established. More than that, we want to leave you trained and equipped for a lifetime of serving Jesus, whatever that may look like for you.
1. Student Connect. This is the focal point of our student community. Every Sunday evening we pile in for a meal together. There's a short talk over dinner, but then we split up into about 7 groups of a dozen or so, for in-depth Bible-study and prayer.
2. One-to-ones. We provide every student who wants it with someone to meet with privately each week, to pray and read the Bible with, to be a sounding-board and a guide.
3. Home from home. Each term, students get invited into homes of people within the church family - and to hang out with them for a Sunday afternoon. It's a great way of feeling like part of the church community.
4. MYC Half-way through the year (after semester 1 exams are out of the way) we go away for a weekend away. There's lots of games, lots of relaxing and making friends, but also serious, mind-stretching Bible talks.
5. Dig Deeper. New this year (and reserved for 3rd years) this is a 5-week study group for students who really want to explore a doctrine in some detail.
6. Serving Opportunities. Many of our students love to get more involved in church life - and we like to give opportunities for this to happen. As a rapidly growing church, there are all sorts of ways students can lend a hand - from particular roles like music, creche, welcoming, coffee-serving to just being willing to pray for others.
When & Where
Cantell School, Violet Road, SO16 3GJ
Burgess Road Library, Burgess Road, SO16 3HF
Sunday morning services: 9.30am and 11.15am (during uni termtime)
Sundays evening service ("The Six O'Clock"): 5.30 (coffee) for 6pm
Sunday evening Student Connect: 7.30pm (follows 'The Six O'Clock'), same venue.