How to run your Prep for Uni day… 5 simple steps...
1) Pick your date
- The first week in July is ideal as it's post-exams, pre-holidays
- Remember, mid-week is now an option as they’ll no longer be in school/college
2) Get your resources
3) Plan your day
- A straight-forward structure would be 2 sessions, lunch, 2 sessions - the Trainer Pack includes both notes and pre-recorded talks for these 4 sessions
- Leave time during your day to hand out Linkup cards and collect them in again - these will link your students to churches and other Christian freshers in their uni towns
- Why not also invite some local students to share stories or do a Q & A?
4) Invite your school leavers
- Why not also invite school leavers from other churches to join in?
5) Let us know your plans
- We would love to support and cheer you on as you pull this together. If you'd like to chat through your ideas or ask any questions I'd love to hear from you (email@example.com)
“We've found that University: The Big Challenge is a powerful way of discussing some hot topics in a positive way, such as relationships, drinking and clubbing…When we talk about their future, their plans, their launch into adult life, they feel that they're being invested in and encouraged to consider their attitudes to the environment they will be in.
I've been encouraged by the insightful responses we've had in discussion times, and really been blessed by how keen they are to live for Jesus at uni. The [drop out] statistic blew them away, with many saying "I won't be in that group". When they say that, it gives us permission to challenge and engage them.” – Lee Collier, Loose Baptist Church
73% of Christian students don’t engage with church at university. Let’s see our young people smash that statistic.