Why not take half an hour to sit by yourself or with a friend and ask these questions as you look towards heading on to university life in a few months' time.
- What do you think the best thing about going to university will be?
- What do you think the worst thing about going to university will be?
- What’s important to you?
- What will you pursue at university?
- What 5 words do you want to describe you in three years' time?
- What might you need to invest in whilst at uni to see that come to pass?
- Taking different elements of university and student life (friendship, living with new people, drinking culture, nightlife culture, study, sex, romantic relationships, causes/hobbies/passions)
- What words describe how you feel about this part of university culture?
- What are the challenges and opportunities for you in this part of university culture?
- How would you communicate your current perspective on this part of university culture?
- If you could take one person (fictional or real) to university with you, who would it be and why?
- What will be the stumbling blocks for you that will get in the way of you living the life you want to live at university?
- Do you believe that there is more to discover about God and/or church and/or faith than you have currently experienced? (Whether you have faith or not)
- (If you do have faith) When are the times you’ve felt most at home and most committed to living out your faith? (It might be when you worship, when you talk to others about Jesus, when you serve those in need, when you’re in a community of peers who believe, when you hear a great explanation of scripture, or many other answers). How might this impact your choice of church?
- What churches are near to your university? (Check out the Find a Church page on the Fusion website to help you find out).
- Who do you want to be at university?
- How might you love your uni?
This is a time both of challenge and opportunity. It is your choice what you invest in, what you pursue, what you commit to. Can I encourage you to be meditating on these questions, discussing them with others and praying them through. This is a great opportunity to step into maturity, adventure and new experiences. May the God of all hope fill you with joy and peace as you trust in him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.